Do you have a child that is ready to hit the ice? We have many programs available this fall, for ages 4 and up. Whether you want to learn how to skate, improve your skating or join a team, we have many affordable options!
Read below to learn more about some of our fall offerings. Click each link for detailed information about each program. Contact our Skate Director and Hockey Director if you would like more information about joining a program. Their info is listed at the bottom of this article.
- Learn to Skate: Learn to Skate (LTS) is our beginner program that focuses on basic techniques in a safe and fun environment. This program has many levels that eventually goes up to advanced techniques and skills used in figure skating performances. A session pack is a great way to learn the basics for ice skating for both hockey and figure skaters.
- Youth Rec League: Youth Rec is an in-house hockey program for ages 4-12. The program will be broken into two groups, based on ability. The emphasis is on development and fun- players will learn core concepts of skating and playing as a team. Those with at least a basic skating ability are best suited for this program. The league will consist of 8 games and 4 practices sessions.
- Future Caps' Learn to Play: Learn to Play is an opportunity for new players ages 5-9 to get acquainted with hockey. This induction program, sponsored by the Capitals, provides each paid participant with a brand new set of equipment. Participants will learn the basics of skating, passing and shooting with our experienced youth coaches.
- Power Skating: Power Skating is our in-house skate development program that focuses on speed, power and edge control. Learn how to be a more agile skater by adding speed and control to your game. This program has turned many good players into great players, whose skating ability separates them from their peers.
- Capital Corridor Hockey League: The CCHL will field 3 in-house hockey teams: U10, U12 and U14. This is for older players who want an introduction to travel hockey. After experiencing this program, many players have made the jump to Hagerstown Youth Hockey Association's travel hockey program.
There are many options for those looking to get on the ice. Contact one of our staff members today to learn more about these exciting offerings!